Unit 8 - Litigation, Due Process and Attorney Fees
|If you have not viewed and agreed to our Course Dislcaimer please do so now.|
|Then please print the Printable Handout and have it available as you view the Video using the two links below.|
|Unit 8 Printable Handout||Unit 8 Video (1 Hour 32 Minutes)|
|The lecture will refer to or be embellished by the Supplemental Material located below.|
- Compliance Complaints
- CDE Brochure on Compliance Complaints
- CDE Compliance Complaint Form
- CDE Compliance Complaint Helpful Hints
- 1/25/2000 NCD Report "Back to School on Civil Rights" a two decade 387 page study showing essential non compliance with IDEA in all 50 states.
- 1/25/2000 NCD Report "Back to School on Civil Rights" a two decade 387 page study PDF Version
- Wrighteslaw Discussion of this Report
- U.S. Department of Education February 1999 Letter to California Dept of Ed.Depicting status of California IDEA Compliance in 1999
- U.S. Department of Education February 2007 Letter to California Dept of Ed. Depicting status of California IDEA Compliance in 2007.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights complaint process.
- Due Process Hearings
- Attorney Fees
- Lucht v. Molalla River School District, 57 F.Supp. 2d 1060 (D. Ore. 1999) Attorney Fees for Prevailing in Compliance Complaint.
- J.L. et.al. v Mercer Island SD, Fee Motion Good Attorney Fee Motion with fee case citations.
- Buckhannon Board and Care Home v. West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources the "Catalyst" theory that paid attorney fees for settlements was rejected.